Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Review: The Change-Up

The Wife: If you haven't figured it out already, we really like movies. Going to the movie theatre after a long day is a great way to relax. I bet you were expecting us to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes, but alas we chose the crude, yet fun, comedy. While I still want to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes (both James Franco and Tom Felton are in it!), I am quite pleased we chose The Change-Up. I was concerned that all of the funny parts were shown in the trailer, but I was completely wrong. It was hilarious and was much better than I expected it to be! In fact, I think it might just edge out Horrible Bosses in terms of humor. I pretty much laughed the entire time. I laughed so much that my abs, which were already sore from an ab workout, were in pain!

Honestly, I don't get why critics are trashing this movie. People seriously need to LIGHTEN UP! Sometimes a crude, foul-mouthed, ridiculous movie can be just the right medicine after a stressful day. Not every film has to be Oscar-worthy. Yes, I am talking to you, movie elitists! Also, if you want to see a good Ryan Reynolds movie, please see this instead of Green Lantern. Not only was Reynolds great, Jason Bateman was hilarious as well! With most comedy reviews, I can't say much more because I don't want to ruin all the jokes. If you want to just have a good laugh, go see The Change-Up!

Hobo Dan: Hi. How was your weekend? Mine, too short. See any good movies recently? So yeah the Wife pretty much summed up what I wanted to say about The Change-Up. It was just funny enough. I wasn't a huge fan of the end where it tired to send us all a message. I tend to like my comedies to just be uncensored funny. I guess I understand the whole idea of the switch-a-roo movie is that the people who have switched bodies are to see the light and realize how good they have it. I still felt the end dragged into this realm just a little too much. All in all it was a passable funny movie. There were great moments and boring moments. If you haven't seen it, I'd wait till your bored one evening and it's on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment