Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Road



I have to admit, the only reason I ever heard about The Road by Cormac McCarthy is because I saw the trailer for the movies version on Apple. The Road was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 2007. This is not usually the kind of book I go for, but the trailer and other reading I did after seeing the trailer, peeked my interest enough to pick it up. I'm glad I did.

I don't want to say to much because if you haven't read it, you should and I have no intentions of spoiling it. It is a beautiful work of fiction about a post-apocalyptic America. The main character is moving with his son south, hopefully to warmer weather. Along the way they encounter other people who don't have as noble goals as they do. I don't want to hype it more than necessary, but I was very emotional when I finished the book, and I don't usually get emotional about books or movies. This book really showed me what good writing and story telling is and now I can only look at my own writing and feel disappointed.

If you have read this book, or read this book because I have suggested it, please comment your thoughts below.

No comments:

Post a Comment